Sunday, December 13, 2009

Staycations Rock

The weekend after we came home from Utah Jake surprised me with an awesome staycation. Thursday I was told that the next day after work I would need to be dressed in business attire and ready to leave by 4:30. He also said I would need to pack a bag to stay overnight away from home. I was totally caught off guard and had no idea what to expect.

I spent the whole night trying to figure out what we were doing, or where we were going and I came up with nothing! I love and hate surprises. Love because it is fun, but hate because I get all worked up and anxious about not knowing what it going on. So the next day I finished work at 3 and got ready in a hurry. I was so proud of myself that I was even ready before 4:30, then he tells me we can't leave yet. UGH! I just want to know what is happening.

A little after 4:30 our doorbell rings and a man in a suit is standing at our door. Jake gives him our bag and he takes it out to the towncar that was waiting for us. At this point I am totally and utterly confused. Jake tells the driver that I am being surprised so he decides to take the scenic route. I still had no idea what was in store. We drove around downtown Portland a little and came to a stop and the beautiful Hotel deLuxe. Even after we stopped I still didn't beieve what was going on.

The bellmen took our stuff up to the fabulous room. I was still taking it all in when Jake suggested going down to get a drink before our dinner reservations. The bar at the hotel was very nice and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine. Then we were off to the hotel restaurant Gracies for dinner. Oh my goodness, was it delicious!!! I was sad that I got full because it was just too good to stop eating. It was such a wonderful night.

The next morning we got room service and enjoyed an awesome breakfast in bed. After we checked out we walked around downtown for a little bit before heading back home.

It was a great surprise and a great way to spend the weekend before he had to go back to work again.

Bottom line... I have the best husband ever. Love you Jacob!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Nice work, Jake! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete