Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Farewell Land Lovers!
I, Jake (yes I know it has been forever since I actually blogged and no Kari is not forcing me to do this)...anyway, where was I. Err..yes, I am heading off on Saturday for another field project. By plane and large ocean vessel I will make my way to a small atoll, about 1,000 miles south of Hawaii. Over the next several weeks I will serve as part of the team working to restore this unique and vibrant ecosystem of the tropics. I have decided to add a map to the blog to keep you all informed of my travelings throughout the year. After the project the ship will take me to Samoa, where I plan to spend a few days exploring and hopefully fishing. Then back on a plane to Hawaii, where Kari will meet me for a well deserved (for her) vacation. For more info on the project, check out this website http://www.protectpalmyra.org/. The 'project updates' section will be updated regularly throughout our time on island, so check back often for awesome pictures of restoration in action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kill some rats (and eat a coconut crab) for me! Have fun!
ReplyDelete