The weekend of April 13-14, the Beta Delta Chapter of Kappa Delta celebrated 75 years on being on the USU campus. Naturally this called for a party! Nearly 200 alumni and current collegians gathered to re-connect, reminisce about old memories and create new ones. It was great to see many of the wonderful ladies that I spent much of my college life with and many of whom I had not seen since I graduated and moved away. The KD house looked great and I could not believe when they said there were 74 active members in the chapter right now! I remember that we were pretty excited when we almost got to 40 when I was active. It was wonderful to see the chapter doing so well.
Friday night was spent catching up at the house, signing KD songs, then on to The Factory for dinner and of course finishing the night at the Owl. Saturday morning the collegians recreated for the alumni one of the recruitment nights to take us back and give the newest members a bit of practice before the real deal this fall. It was really neat to see and it made me laugh at how quickly it all comes back and I was singing the song along in my head and thinking how it didn't seem that long ago that I was in the circle singing with the rest of the chapter. In reality it was 8 years ago that I pledged KD! More singing with the whole group then led to a round of Pat out in the road! After the morning festivities came to a close we all made our way down to the new Marriott for the luncheon. It was beautifully decorated and the speakers did a great job. The main speaker was Julie Landgrin Johnson, a former KD National President, who was actually President when I was initiated which was very cool to see her in person. They had also put together a slide show of pictures that alumni had submitted which ranged from the 1940's up through the current chapter. It was hilarious to see how the styles changed through the years and how some of the furniture in the house is still around from many years ago!
I truly enjoyed catching up with so many friends and remembering the great times we had together during school.
 |
| Singing in the living room of KD. |
 |
| Jess and her centennial Danica Moran |
 |
| Neeley and Michelle. |
 |
| Sara, Jess, Michelle and I |
 |
| Michelle missed the memo about the hand on the hip pose. |
 |
| Love my little!! |
|
|
|
|
 |
| Biggest Pat circle I have ever seen! |
 |
| My centennial Courtney Robinson. |
 |
| The Jessicas |
 |
| The typical sorority pose. |
 |
| The ladies at our lunch table. |
 |
| Lysh, me, Lori, Michelle, Lucy, Neeley |
 |
| More singing at lunch. |
 |
| The whole group! |
No comments:
Post a Comment