The lake was gorgeous, as always, and the views breathtaking. One thing had slightly slipped my mind however.....high elevation mountains in early June still have PLENTY of snow (only slightly because I did call ahead about road closures/conditions). Not that this was a bad thing, but WOW, there was lots of snow up at the lake. The snow added a unique aspect to the panorama and gave us an experience most people do not get when visiting the park. Due to the abundance of snow, the entir
We made it my parents place that evening and enjoyed a nice visit. The next day Kari and I went with my Dad to work. I wanted to show Kari some of the remote areas of Northern Nevada and possibly get her first sighting of a free roaming wild horse. We were not disappointed, as we saw many wild horses. It was a nice day spent with family enjoying the sights and returning to an area where I had spent so much time.
The entire reason for this trip was my youngest brothers graduation from high school. Ethan graduated that Friday night at a ceremony moved indoors do to the threat of rain, which turned into a nice lengthy shower. Now all the boys have graduated and soon the parents will have an empty nest.
Crater Lake is so stinking cool, but I think I would have enjoyed going out with your pops even more! So how was the anniversary and the Coast? Congrats, by the way! ;-)
ReplyDeleteSorry, we didn't call when we were up in Portland on our way back from Alaska. At 5am we were just too tired and "dirty feeling" to stick around till you guys woke up at a reasonable hour. Next time!