Then we wound our way up the hill to the Japanese Gardens. We had never been there before so it was a new adventure for all. The drive to the garden was beautiful and we had only made it to the parking lot. The grounds were even better and it was a beautiful day to be outside. The view from the first stop in the garden was of dowtown Portland with Mt. Hood in the back.
There were many statues, sculpted plants, sand gardens, ponds and tea houses throughout the 5.5 acres on the Portland hillside. It is a great find and I am glad we went to check it out. More pictures here.
The next day we were off on a self guided wine tour. I know, I know, it seems like all we have done here is drink wine, but there is just so much of it around that you can't avoid it!! We made stops at many wineries - August Cellars, Rex Hill, Duck Pond, The Four Graces, Dobbes Family/ Wine by Joe and Argyle. As the driver I was only tasting the ones that Jake thought I would like. But mom and Jake found many that were good and a few that were not so great, but it all depends on your taste. The last stop at Argyle was a little different because they took the "bubbly tour" of sparkling wines. After a long day of touring we headed home to relax a little before going to dinner downtown at Henry's.
The last day was pretty low key. Mom and I went shopping and out to lunch, just hanging out. It was a quick trip, but we had fun. Thanks for coming to visit, mom!!
Beautiful garden and views! Did you guys ever get any of those gnarly thunderstorms that hit us down here?
ReplyDeleteUhhhh I just found out you have a blog. Now I'll add you to my list so I can blog-stalk you and Jake. Sweet! :)
ReplyDelete