Monday, July 20, 2009

On Vacation at Home

Since most of my time in the last few months (and for the rest of the year) has been spent on an island off the coast of California, it does seem like I am on vacation when I return "home" to Portland. So, I am now half way through my 6 days off and decided to share a few photos from my last trip.

Although summer has set in on island and most of the vegetation is withering in the heat, the cactus are in bloom adding some great color to the landscape.

About the size of a small lap dog, the California state threatened Island Fox enjoys a nice foot rub first thing in the morning.

Our project is expected to continue through the remainder of the year, more fox pictures to follow. I am back out on Thursday, not to return until the end of August. Also, I will continue to add additional pictures to this gallery.

1 comment:

  1. Hate to sound like a little girl, but that little fox is pretty cute! Great picture of the cactus too!

    So do you ever get to take Kari out to these islands for weekend visits?! :-)

    ReplyDelete